Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Revisions, Revisions

Last week I began to revise my first character piece. I wasn't overly worried about it, thinking that if I have my main ideas down, just touching up the little things will be a breeze because I wont really need to articulate anything new. Funny thing about that.

The revision process actually became to be much more difficult than I had origionally anticipated. I begin to pick up on little things that I want to fix, and the makeshift segues don't cut it. And that's the thing, for the first edition of this composition it was just presenting my main ideas, and I could find some little thing to connect them for the time being. With the revision, It's not about ideas, it's linking main ideas to make it flow better, which for me is the hardest part. I feel like I could come up with a million new musical ideas, but making them flow is the killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment